Board of Directors Application
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the Liberty Area Chamber of Commerce. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
Please complete the application below in full. Applications are accepted until 5pm on Friday, August 26th.
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the Chamber office. Applications are used by the Chamber’s Nomination Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. This committee will interview potential board members and make recommendations to the full board of directors. Directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
Board Member Job Responsibilities
- Serves a minimum of 1 three-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve 2 three-year terms.
- Attends board meetings on a regular basis. Currently, the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 8 -9 am at the Chamber.
- Act as a Liaison or participant on a Chamber committee.
- Volunteer for a minimum of 6 hours at Liberty Fall Festival.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Make a serious commitment to participate/attend Chamber-sponsored events.
- Participates in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning session held in November.
- Participates in membership recruitment for the organization.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Nominating Committee Guidelines
- Activity and involvement with the Liberty Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Skills, knowledge, and experience related to the Chamber, its activities, its programs, and its business.